Monday, November 1, 2010

A 12-Step Program for Italian Language Addicts

Talk about a small world. Here we are, land-locked in the middle of Ohio and we can rub elbows online with foreign languages almost as easily as they do in Europe.

One of my favorite sites for extra Italian practice is the British Broadcasting page for languages.

There's a simple placement test, videos, great links to Italian television and radio podcasts, cool Italian (the kind your husband and Amici instructors will never teach you) and a twelve-step course for beginners delivered weekly to your inbox for free. Most of the material is practical vocabulary for travelers - and I plan to watch a lot of these right before my next Italian adventure. Why can't I ever remember to pay for my coffee before I order at the bar???????

Stretch those Italian language muscles as many ways as possible and before you know it, you'll be enrolling in Advanced Conversation with all the really smart kids at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment